Since Smurfs' Village was first developed, a wide range of new mobile devices have entered the market. Keeping the game optimized for each of those devices takes a great deal of time and resources. Over time certain devices have stopped being supported, while others have become less compatible with the game. Unfortunately, sometimes the developers may not be able to correct issues that arise with those older devices.
Should a player experience any version issue on their device, they are encouraged to submit a ticket to Smurfs' Village customer support, or make a post here in the New or ongoing problems section in the Community Forums.
- 1 Tier 1
- 2 Tier 2
- 3 Tier 3
- 4 Tier 4
- 5 References
- iPhone 1st Gen (128 MB LPDDR DRAM)
- iPhone 3G (128 MB LPDDR DRAM)
- Phone 3GS (256 MB LPDDR DRAM)
- iPhone 4 (512 MB LPDDR2 DRAM)
- iPod Touch 1st Gen (128 MB LPDDR DRAM)
- iPod Touch 2nd Gen (128 MB LPDDR DRAM)
- iPod Touch 3rd Gen (256 MB LPDDR DRAM)
- iPod Touch 4th Gen (256 MB LPDDR DRAM)
- iPad 1st Gen (256 MB LPDDR RAM)
Amazon Kindle Fire devices run a forked version of Google's Android OS called Fire OS. When the minimum OS requirement for Android devices was changed to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later, the minimum OS requirement for Fire devices was also changed to Fire OS 3 (Mojito) or later. The following list of devices are not currently supported.
- Fire 1st Gen 7 inch (2011)
- Fire 2nd Gen 7 inch (2012)
Kindle Fire HD
- Fire HD 2nd Gen 7 inch (2012)
- Fire HD 2.5th Gen 8.9 inch (2012)
With Apple iOS devices and Amazon Kindle Fire OS devices, there are a set number of hardware configurations for which Smurfs' Village is either compatible, or not compatible. On devices running Google's Android OS, it's a different story entirely.
At this point in time there are tens of thousands of different devices being put out by a large number of different companies around the world. These Android devices have a wide range of screen sizes, processors, memory, storage, and many are released with outdated versions of the Android OS. To make matters worse, brand new Android devices purchased recently are not even guaranteed that they will receive new Android updates for a variety of reasons. This is called Fragmentation], which may prove to be a source of major frustration for Android users.
When the minimum OS requirement for Android devices was changed to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later, all devices running earlier versions of Android can no longer officially download the newest game updates from the Google Play Store.
The following list of Apple iOS devices are still supported. Please note however that due to their age and hardware limitations, players may encounter issues that detract from the overall gameplay. This is especially true on the iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5th Gen, iPad 2, iPad 3rd Gen, and iPad Mini 1st Gen.
- Phone 4S (512 MB LPDDR2 RAM)
- iPhone 5 (1GB LPDDR2 RAM)
- iPhone 5C (1GB LPDDR2 RAM)
- iPhone 5S (1GB LPDDR3 RAM)
- iPod Touch 5th Gen (512 MB LPDDR2 RAM)
- iPad 2 (512 LPDDR2 RAM)
- iPad 3rd Gen (1GB LPDDR2 RAM)
- iPad 4th Gen (1GB LPDDR2 RAM)
- iPad Mini 1st Gen (512 DDR2 RAM)
The following list of Amazon Kindle Fire devices are currently supported.
- Fire 5th Gen 7 inch (2015)
Kindle Fire HD
- Fire HD 3rd Gen 7 inch (2013)
- Fire HD 4th Gen 6 inch (2014)
- Fire HD 4th Gen 7 inch (2014)
- Fire HD 5th Gen 8 inch (2015)
- Fire HD 5th Gen 10 inch (2015)
Kindle Fire HDX
- Fire HDX 3rd Gen 7 inch (2013)
- Fire HDX 3rd Gen 8.9 inch (2013)
- Fire HDX 4th Gen 8.9 inch (2014)
Developers strive to make their games compatible with as many Android devices as possible. Despite these efforts, some Android hardware may experience issues that are confined only to those certain devices or from certain manufacturers.
The best advice is to make sure your Android device is running at the very minimum, Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). One needs to research their device and check to see where it falls on the low to high end hardware scale. While it is still possible to install Smurfs' Village on devices with 512 GB of RAM, their performance will be severely hindered by the lack of RAM, resulting in a less enjoyable experience.
The following list of Android devices are currently supported but may have some compatibility issues.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 1 GB RAM International (2012)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2015)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 (2015)
- Nexus 7 1st Gen (2012)
- Nexus 7 2nd Gen (2013)
The following list of Apple devices are fully supported. Players who have upgraded to these newer devices from older devices report improved gameplay.
- iPhone 6 (1GB LPDDR3 RAM)
- iPhone 6 Plus (1 GB LPDDR3 RAM)
- iPod Touch 6th Gen (1GB LPDDR3 RAM)
- iPad Air (1GB LPDDR3 DRAM)
- iPad Mini 2nd Gen (1GB LPDDR3 RAM)
- iPad Mini 3rd Gen (1GB LPDDR3 RAM)
As of February 2018, ex-developer Bongfish recommends Smurfs' Village players to use a device running Android OS 4.1 with a minimum of at least 1GB of RAM.
The following list of Apple iOS devices have hardware that will ensure they'll be supported well into the foreseeable future. They will also provide the best overall gameplay experience for the iOS version.
- iPhone SE (2GB LPDDR4 RAM)
- iPhone 6S (2GB LPDDR4 RAM)
- iPhone 6S Plus (2GB LPDDR4 DRAM)
- iPhone 7 (2GB LPDDR4 DRAM)
- iPhone 7 Plus (3GB LPDDR4 RAM)
- iPhone 8 (2GB LPDDR4X RAM)
- iPhone 8 Plus (3GB LPDDR4X RAM)
- iPhone X ( 3GB LPDDR4X RAM)
- iPad Mini 4th Gen (2GB LPDDR3 RAM)
- iPad Air 2 (2GB LBDDR3 RAM)
- iPad (2017) (2 GB LPDDR4 RAM
- iPad Pro 9.7 inch (2GB LPDDR4 RAM)
- iPad Pro 10.5 inch (4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (4GB LPDDR4 RAM)